Here you will find information about me and my research. Feel free to explore.
The figure below is an example of some of the work i did at the University Warsaw. It shows cloud condensate and rain water mixing ratios (qc and qr) in a large-eddy simulation of shallow cumulus convection. More simulation results can be seen here.
06.06.2018: “Radiative Impact of an Extreme Arctic Biomass-Burning Event“, new article published in Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics.
30.05.2018: “Turbulence in Marine Cumulus and Stratocumulus Clouds: Observations and Large-Eddy Simulation“, presentation at the 6th International EULAG Users’ Workshop.
08.04.2018: “Observed and simulated turbulence in cumulus and stratocumulus clouds“, poster-presentation at EGU 2018.
07.02.2018: New article on anisotropic turbulence in stratocumulus clouds is now available online.
My research interests include:
- boundary layer meteorology
- wind energy
- computational fluid dynamics
- cloud physics
- data analysis
- scientific programming
Employment and Education
- 2018- now: Ørsted.
- Wind energy analyst.
- 2014 – 2018: Institute of Geophysics, University of Warsaw.
- Postdoctoral researcher working with Professor Szymon P. Malinowski.
- My research is focused on modeling and analysis of turbulent small-scale processes in clouds.
- 2010 – 2014: Department of Wind Energy, Technical University of Denmark.
- Ph.D. in boundary layer meteorology.
- Thesis: Large-eddy simulation of the atmospheric boundary layer: Influence of unsteady forcing, baroclinicity, inversion strength and stability on the wind profile
- Supervisors: Sven-Erik Gryning and Mark C. Kelly.
- Assessment committee: Søren Larsen (DTU), Mark Žagar (Vestas), and Anna Rutgersson (Uppsala University).
- 2007 – 2010: Department of Mechanical Engineering, Technical University of Denmark.
- Master of Science in Engineering Design and Applied Mechanics.
- Master thesis: Improved inlet conditions for terrain CFD.
- Supervisors: Niels N. Sørensen and Andreas Bechmann.
- 2005: Sander Hansen.
- Internship in research and development of machines for the brewing industry.
- 2003 – 2007: Department of Mechanical Engineering, Technical University of Denmark.
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering.
- Bachelor thesis: Design of Actuator for Homogenizing Valve.
- Supervisor: Niels L. Pedersen.
- 1999 – 2002: Espergærde Gymnasium.
- 2016: One-month stay at the National Center for Atmospheric Research, Boulder, CO, USA,
hosted by Wojciech Grabowski.
- 2012/2013: Four-month stay at the National Center for Atmospheric Research, Boulder, CO,
USA, hosted by Branko Kosovic.
I have reviewed manuscripts submitted to:
- Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences
- Monthly Weather Review
- Atmospheric Science Letters
- Advances in Science and Research
- International Journal of Environment and Pollution